Sunday, April 4, 2010

Photo #94: The Wood Ducks


It was a beautiful Easter Sunday. Most of the day was spent here at home, working in the yard, doing laundry, writing a blog post. I went out to Jacci and Donner's house in the late afternoon, to have dinner with them. What a delicious Easter dinner; spiral cut ham, roast potatoes, corn, crescent rolls, and the delicious strawberry cream cheese pie from yesterday. My contribution was a ham and vegetable casserole. I used my grandmother's recipe, which is posted on our Grand-Cooks Wiki.

After dinner Jacci and I went outside and built a campfire in the fire pit. It was a perfect day for that. The dogs and the cats gathered around. The highlight of the afternoon was when a pair of wood ducks flew into the trees. I couldn't pick up their beautiful colors and markings with my camera, but they were spectacular. While you can only see the outline of the wood duck in this photo, I like the way the camera captures the texture of the tree bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment