Monday, April 26, 2010

Photo #116: Giant Paper Dolls


Today was a crazy Monday. Core Knowledge night is coming up in just a week and a half, so we started our Giant Paper Doll project today. The kids signed up for committees to study people from the middle ages. We have committees to study knights, peasants, nuns and monks, the nobility, minstrels and jesters, and the merchant. They will do some writing about how these people lived. Then each committee has to cooperate to create a giant paper doll of their person. They have one member of the committee (usually the smallest person) lay down on the paper. The other committee members trace around them. Then they draw in the clothing and details. I get a kick out of watching them do the tracing part.

After school, I stopped at home briefly to let Zoe and Bailey out, and to give them some dinner. Then I started training for my new part time job at Huntingtons. I'll write more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment