Sunday, April 11, 2010

Photo #101: Sparrows


After looking at this picture, you're probably thinking that I spent the day in the out-of-doors. Actually I was sitting by the window in the cafe at Barnes and Noble, when I took this shot. I bought a copy of the "National Wildlife Federation Field Guide to Birds of North America". This fellow appears to be an American Tree Sparrow or Spizella arborea. I had no idea there were so many different kinds of sparrows until I looked at this book.

I really enjoy watching birds, and it got me to thinking about putting out my birdfeeders again, and moving them to a place that I can more easily observe my feathered visitors. Summer and Jill gave me a hummingbird feeder for Christmas, and I also need to find a place for that.

It's been a very nice weekend. The weather has been beautiful. I've been cooking up a storm, so I should eat better this week, instead of eating out so much. I've done some school work, but not nearly as much as I should have. There are still many things on my "to do" list that I probably will not get to, but I'm okay with that. I'm going to enjoy what is left of the weekend, and prepare for another busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment