Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Photo #103: Shirkahn


This is Shirkahn, one of my sister's five cats. This is a lot of cats for someone who has been allergic to cats since she was a little girl. Shirkahn's Mama arrived at Jacci's house one winter, had her five babies, and disappeared a few weeks later. She knew a soft touch when she saw one. She knew that my sister and her family would take good care of her kittens. And they have. Donner built them a cat condo under the deck, but they like the garage better, and why wouldn't they? They have heated mats in that garage, with a cat door to get in and out.

As soon as I laid down on the ground to photograph some flowers, Shirkahn came right over to check me out. He was right in my face. Even so, he managed to look aloof when I tried to take his picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment