Saturday, April 10, 2010

Photo #100: One Hundred Days


At school we make a big deal out of the one hundredth day of the school year. Well this is the one hundredth day of my blog and the 365 Photo Challenge, and that means it is also the one hundredth day of 2010. I cannot believe that I have done this every day for 100 days. I'm pretty impressed with myself, and I can see that I am growing in my photography skills. It also helps that I have a better camera than I started the year with. As much as the photos, I am enjoying taking the time to reflect and write about each day. It has definitely made an impact on my life. I am more observant of my surroundings, and I have become more active, making it a point to go out and look for things to experience and photograph.

We are about to begin our castle project at school, so I went downtown to the central library to pick up some books I needed. The day started out as beautiful and sunny, but it clouded over in the afternoon. After I found what I needed at the library, I spent some time walking around in the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden. The last time I was there was on my birthday in January. It is much more inviting now. When I arrived a wedding party was just leaving. The grass is green, people were walking around, one group was picnicking, kids were playing among the sculptures. There are lots of places to sit and relax and enjoy the art. This part of Des Moines has changed so much in the past year or two. I'm sure I will be down here often. The sculpture garden is just one block from the library, coffee shops, and places to eat.

Afterwards I spent about an hour at the Starbucks down the street. Days like today make me very thankful for my life. Sometimes I just need to remind myself to slow down and smell the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment