Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Photo #5/365: Chicken Noodle Soup


There's nothing like a nice steaming bowl of soup on a cold winter day. This bowl of chicken noodle soup was my lunch today. I made it earlier this week in my crockpot. I have been trying to cook more at home, and eat out less. Having things planned out ahead is important, because by the time I come home from work, I am usually not in the mood to cook. I like to use my crockpot when I can. This recipe was super easy, and there's nothing better than coming home from work and having your dinner almost ready.

Nancy gave me the recipe when I was visiting her last week. It is actually a Sandra Lee Recipe from the Food Network. I cut the original recipe in half, and it still made a lot. I also used some frozen turkey that I had in the freezer, so it works with either turkey or chicken. It was delish, so give it a try!

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Serves: 4

Ingredients
1/2 rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic
1 teaspoon fines herbes
Salt and pepper
1 cup egg noodles, cooked

Remove the skin from the chicken and cut up the meat. Put the chicken into a slow cooker along with the onions, celery, and carrots. Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and fines herbes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours. When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles. Adjust seasonings and serve.

I had trouble finding the Fines Herbes. The Fines herbs are a blend of chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon. Spice Island is the brand I purchased, and I found them at the Dahl's on Merle Hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment