Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Photo #18/365: Homework


Today I took some time out of my day to visit another classroom in our district. This teacher is running a paperless classroom, and I wanted to learn more about how he is doing it. I was pleased to see that I am doing many of things that he is doing, like using Google Docs and Google Forms. I picked up lots of new ideas too, especially the way he is using his class blog to post work and provide links to students.

Mine is definitely not a paperless classroom. This stack of papers is my homework; papers I brought home over the weekend to be corrected. I'm trying to move more in the direction of being paperless, but the big factor is available technology. The classroom I visited is a special education room with enough iPads and laptops for all the students. In my room, with 28 students, it takes a couple days before I can rotate everyone through our computers and iPads to complete an assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment