Monday, July 12, 2010

Photo #193: Simplicity and Versatility




I am still thinking about my vacation and enjoying the many photos I took. One of the things that impressed me, when I entered the Walter House at Cedar Rock, was the beautiful use of brick and wood. In the entry hall was this great combination of brick openings with light reflected through simple art glass. I also saw some of the colorful art glass displayed at Taliesin. What could be more simple than that?

The furniture as well as the home was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Furniture was designed to be flexible and utilitarian. Many pieces could be easily moved to transition small tables into a long tables that could serve any number of diners. Seating was also easily moved. Everything was designed with function in mind, as well as beauty. I'm not so sure how comfortable some of it would be, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment