Friday, July 2, 2010

Photo #183: The Center Street Bridge


One of the great things about doing this photo challenge is that I am taking time to notice the things around me. I'm also taking time to go places and walk around in pursuit of the great photo. Today my journey took me downtown.

The Center Street Bridge just opened on Monday evening. It connects the east side of downtown Des Moines with the west Side and is part of the Principal River Walk. It was built exclusively for pedestrians and bicycles, and is unusual in that it is divided into two parts. I love the beautiful curve of the expanse. After all the rain we have had, water had to be released from Sailorville Dam this week, so the water is high and moving swiftly. It was a great view, and very exciting to stand above the rushing river. There have been so many positive changes to our downtown area.

No comments:

Post a Comment