Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Potholders from Leftover Yarn



After all my knitting projects for Christmas, I decided it was time to knit a few things for my own kitchen.  I found this pattern on Ravelry.  You can see the pattern here.  Either I was miss understanding the original pattern or there was something wrong with it, because when I cast on the required 50 stitches, the result was a gigantic potholder.  Instead, I ripped it out and started over with 30 stitches.  I made some other changes as well.

The colors might seem a little funky because I was using yarn I had left over from dish clothes I had knitted earlier.  When I ran out of a color, I just switched to something else.  I actually still like them, and they will be very useful.  I will use this pattern again now that I have made adjustments to it.

Materials Needed:
Peaches and Creme 100% Cotton Yarn
1 pair size 8 needles
1 crochet hook

Directions:
Cast on 30 stitches with two strands of yarn
Row 1-6: work in seed stitch (k1, p1, k1, p1, etc.)
Row 7-24: work 4 stitches in seed stitch, knit 11, purl 11, work 4 stitches in seed stitch
Row 25-42: work 4 stitches in seed stitch, purl 11, knit 11, work 4 stitches in seed stitch
Row 43-48: work in seed stitch
Bind off leaving a length of yarn that you can chain into a loop.
Materials



1 comment:

  1. I know why you had a problem with the pattern--it called for finger weight yarn. No wonder it was huge. Thanks for posting your version.

    ReplyDelete