Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Ride


On January 5th I wrote about my new shoe, and my Christmas Day fall down the stairs.  I have had additional footwear since that time.  It started out with this boot that reminded me a lot of Darth Vader.



It turns out that I not only have a fractured metatarsal bone, but I also broke my ankle.  The ankle was healing but the foot was not, so I had surgery on Thursday to repair and pin the metatarsal bone.  The surgery was outpatient, so I am now at home.  To get around I have this new ride.  It is a knee scooter.  You put the knee from the injured foot on the seat, and scoot from place to place.  I have crutches as well, but mostly I rely on the scooter.  I will be home for at least the next two weeks, but when I do go back to school, I think the kids are really going to like this scooter.


Oh, yeah, I also have a new shorter boot, which I wear 24 hours a day for the next six weeks.  You really take your mobility for granted, until you lose it or have it limited.  I live in a two story house, so I am living on the main floor, for the first few days.  I'm not going to attempt the stairs for a while.  Also, when I have healed I am going to reorganize my kitchen.  I now realize that I don't have things very conveniently located.

Winnie is a little confused about the whole thing, but she likes the idea that I am home all the time and laying around a lot.  It makes for more snuggle and petting time for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment