Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Shoe


Are you one of those people who loves shoes?  I am, but I don't get new ones often.  Here is my latest purchase, only it's shoe, singular.    This was all because of my fall down the stairs on Christmas Day.  I was going out to the car to get my tea, and that's all I remember.  I managed to knock myself out, and I was covered with bruises from head to toe.  Fortunately I was at my sister's house, with 2 doctors (my niece and brother-in-law) handy.

Initially, it was my back that hurt the most.  My foot was the most colorful, but the pain didn't really start until Wednesday of this week, when I went back to school.  That meant I was on my feet a lot. Each day my foot became more and more painful.  This morning, I went back to the doctor.  Turns out I have a fractured metatarsal.  No wonder my foot hurt.  I'm going to stay home for a few days, but when I go back I'll be sporting this new shoe.  It's not exactly cutting edge fashion, but it is giving my foot a lot more support.

No comments:

Post a Comment