Monday, February 27, 2017

Art Class



One of the great luxuries of being semi-retired is having the time to take an art class during the day.   I am also very grateful to have the Des Moines Art Center, which makes this both affordable and accessible.  Last fall I signed up for a class called Art for the Curious.  Each week we tried a different art form, drawing, acrylic painting, ceramics, mixed media, wire sculptures, and jewelry making.  

Ready to begin.

Currently I am taking Beginning Drawing.  I have learned so much already, and it is very gratifying to be trying new things and growing in my skills.  This week we learned about hatching, cross-hatching, and stippling to add value to our work.  Value is the lightness or darkness of an object.  I really enjoyed doing this.  

I am very grateful for my teacher, Alyssa Tauber, who guides us and nudges us to stretch are skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment