Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lisa's Triathlon


I really got behind on my posts.  I haven't posted any photos since the state fair, but there has been lots going on.  We are back in school and last weekend Lisa and Colin were here.  Lisa participated in the Hy-Vee Triathlon.  She had done 4 triathlons before this, but this was the first Olympic length triathlon, so it was an even greater challenge.  Lisa is always up to the challenge, and she finished in great shape.  

The Hy-Vee Triathlon is comprised of a .9 mile swim in Gray's Lake, a 40 kilometer bike ride, and a 10 kilometer run, ending at the Iowa State Capital building.  

Colin was Lisa's support at Gray's Lake.  He helped her get set up and was able to watch her transitions.  He took all the great photos of the swim and and as she began her bike ride and run.

I was able to see Lisa four times during the competition.  I saw the bike ride portion of the race at the corner of Park and George Flagg Parkway.  The bikers rode all the way to Army Post Road and Fleur and looped back, so I got to see her twice, both coming and going.  From there I moved to Locust a few blocks from the capital.  Once again they were doing a loop so I got to see her run twice.  That's where I got the great shot near the end of her run.  

Great going, Lisa!  You did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment