Friday, August 17, 2012

Iowa State Fair


Instead of walking my usual route today, I decided to go to the fair and walk around.  This is the first time I've been to the fair in probably ten years.  Of course I had to go see the Butter Cow first thing.  You can't go to the Iowa State Fair without seeing the Butter Cow, and this year there is a Butter Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs too.


Going to the fair is a pretty cheap proposition for me.  I don't ride the rides, I don't drink the beer, and I'm following a diet plan that means I can't eat the food.  I even parked about 5 blocks away so I didn't have to pay to park.  I am not paying $10 to park my car.


I do like people watching, and I like to walk around in the barns, and checked out the displays.




And of course, there was lots of corn.


No comments:

Post a Comment