Saturday, August 4, 2012

Putting Together a Classroom

I worked on my classroom for a few hours on Monday and then again on Thursday.  I am making progress.  The desks have been arranged. I will have 26 students this year.

I spent time organizing and weeding out my classroom library.  If a book is twenty years old and it is still in good shape, you can assume that NO ONE IS READING IT!  I need to make some additional labels for the tubs, but things are in pretty good shape.

Last year I made curtains for my library book shelves. I liked the clean look so much, that I decided I wanted to curtain off the shelves that hold my teachers manuals and other resources.  I remade these denim curtains from curtains that used to hang in my son's bedroom.

My class rules poster is up and so is my welcome sign, but I have no idea what I'm going to put on my bulletin boards.  There is lots more work to do, but I still have two more weeks until teachers have to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment