Monday, June 4, 2012

A Trip to Spain


When I was in high school, my dad spent a year serving in Viet Nam.  My parents wrote long letters to each other every day.  We also recorded messages on reel to reel tapes.  It took about three weeks for these letters and packages to reach my dad on the other side of the world.

My son is doing a study abroad in Valencia, Spain this summer.  Sunday morning I was on Facebook when he instant messaged me. After we chatted a while I told him I wanted him to post some photos so I could see some of what he was seeing there in Spain.  I have never been to Europe.  Within minutes he began uploading photos.

I love the internet!  It has made the world much smaller.  So my pictures today were not taken by me.  I copied them from the photos my son posted and turned them into this collage of Spain.  Have fun, Michael!  I feel so much better now that I got to be there with you if only via photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment