Sunday, June 26, 2016

Flower Garden 2016

My Garden 2016

A lot has changed since my last blog post.  First and foremost, I retired from full time teaching in June 2015.  As I often say to people, apparently I don't fully understand the concept of retirement, because I spent four to five days a week at school.  Beginning in November, I worked as a substitute teacher, and I substituted in grades kindergarten through fifth grade for a total of 59 days.  It was definitely a learning experience.  I also volunteered many of the other days.  I really enjoyed working with small groups of kids.  Now that school is out, I am doing the things I usually do this time of year, working in the garden.

I started seeds around March.  Next year, I will start earlier.  I am really loving my perennials this year.  They are gorgeous!  I love the fact that the Day Lilies, Purple Coneflower, Hostas, and Shasta Daisies return each year, bigger and even more beautiful than the year before.

To see more of this year's flowers, click on the photo above.  It will take you to my Flickr Album:  Garden 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment