Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mouse House



This summer I have been spending lots of time working in my yard.  A friend has been cutting down trees at the back of my lot, and then my job is to trim the branches, bundle them, and drag them to the driveway, where they can be picked up and hauled away.  I have been using lots of twine and rope to do this.  I pulled this ball of twine out of a cabinet in the garage where it had been stored for a long time.  I could see right away that mice had been chewing on it.  I assumed they were biting pieces off to take to their nest somewhere.  It wasn't until I had unwound a lot of it that I realize some little mouse had actually built it's nest inside the hollowed out ball of twine.

Sorry little mouse, but you have been evicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment