Sunday, June 26, 2011

Photo #176/365: Steel Flowers



This was a big weekend for Des Moines events. Friday through Sunday was the Des Moines Arts Festival, which is held on the streets surrounding the downtown Sculpture Garden. The weather is often unkind to this festival, and this was true yesterday.


Rather than fight the weather, I went to the other art show, Art Fest Midwest, which is held inside, at the Varied Industries Building at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. I prefer this show anyway, because they feature Iowa and midwest artists. This show also has small pieces of art which are within my means. I frequently buy from the artist who creates this stainless steal yard art. I have several of these stainless steel flowers and butterflies in my yard. This year I talked myself out of buying another one, but it was very tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment