Monday, February 21, 2011

Photo #52/365: Bus Ride


Today was our all day professional development which takes place downtown, and I took my annual bus ride on the city bus. The bus stop is just around the corner from my house, so it's lots easier than looking for a place to park and paying for a parking place. I definitely got some exercise since all my sessions were in Hy-Vee Hall and the bus dropped me off on Walnut street.

The sessions I attended were good. I got to hear Jamie Fath talk about technology and Ann Marie Corgill talk about teaching writing. I also listened to our superintendent, Dr. Sebring talk about things going on in our district. She is always an excellent speaker, but it's pretty depressing hearing about NCLB, failing schools, and the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment