Thursday, February 3, 2011

Photo #34/365: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I am partial to cookies, and a snow day is the perfect time to bake a batch of cookies. This is a recipe that I got from someone on Twitter. I don't remember who the recipe was from originally, but I know that @BarbinNebraska shared it with me. There is a lot of goodness packed into these cookies.

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

• MIX IN LARGE BOWL:
• 1 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup margarine
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• ADD:
• 1 cup flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 cups oatmeal
• 2 cups chocolate chips (1 bag)
• pinch of salt
Directions

1. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl
2. Add remaining 5 ingredients and mix together
3. Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
5. Let cool on tray a couple minutes before removing to allow to stiffen
6. Makes about 4 dozen cookies
7. ALTERATION:
8. -If you use all natural peanut butter you'll find the batter creamier
9. -With regular peanut butter if you find the batter a bit stiff add a few tablespoons of milk to bring consistency to your liking

1 comment:

  1. I just love the combination of peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate. Your cookies are just lovely. I have a sweet treat linky on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete