Sunday, September 5, 2010

Photo #248: What's Going On At Adams?



The elementary school in my neighborhood, Adams Elementary, was closed several years ago, and merged with another school. I read recently in our neighborhood newsletter, that the school had been sold. Even so, I was very surprised to drive by today, and see the windows being torn out. As you look through the windows, you can see the chalkboards still hanging on the walls. One classroom still has it's clock, and you can see a movie screen in an upstairs room. I've been hoping that someone would convert the old building into condos or apartments, but at this point, I don't know what is going to happen to the property. I guess this is progress, but when I think of the thousands of students and teachers who spent their days in this school, it makes me really sad to think of the building being torn down.

No comments:

Post a Comment