Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans With Mushrooms


This summer I'm trying to eat better and get more exercise.  In my effort toward improving my diet, I read the book, The Blood Sugar Solution by Mark Hyman.  The rules are no sugar, no flour, no processed foods, no alcohol, no caffeine (though I refuse to give up my tea).  That means I'm eating lots of veggies.  It's amazing how good things taste when you're not eating as much.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest.  You can find the original recipe here.  I added in mushrooms and some onion.  It was really delicious!

Parmesan Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms

Ingredients:
1 lb of fresh green beans (trim off ends)
10-12 mushrooms, sliced
1 small thinly sliced onion
Grill Mates Garlic & Herb Vegetable seasoning (if you don't have this just use salt and pepper)
Olive oil
Parmesan Cheese


  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. In a mixing bowl combine green beans, mushrooms, and onions. Separate the onions into rings. Sprinkle with olive oil and seasoning.
  3. Spread the vegetables onto a cookie sheet and grate Parmesan cheese over the top.
  4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  5. Garnish with extra cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment