Monday, January 30, 2012

Extra Recess, Just Barely

I have decided to stop numbering my photos.  I'm always behind, and I decided I might as well remove the pressure and stop worrying about it.  I still plan to take photos daily, but if I miss a day or two here or there, I'm not going to let it bother me.  So this is still a 365 Photo Project, more or less.






As I mentioned in my previous post, we are having beautiful weather here in Iowa. In fact we reached record breaking temperatures today with a high of 65.  The kids came in very wound up and chatty.  Let's face it, my kids are chatty most days.  Knowing it was going to be such a fantastic day, I gave the class an opportunity to earn an extra recess at the end of the day.  I wrote the word RECESS on the board.  If we had any letters left by 2:45, we could have the recess.  I would remove a letter when we had problems staying on task and following classroom rules.


We earned our recess, but just barely.  All we had left was this lonely R, but that was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment