Saturday, November 26, 2011

Photo #333/365: Pizza



For a long time now, I have been looking for a recipe for a really good homemade pizza crust.  My cousin, Angela, gave me one that I like, but it wasn't quite what I wanted.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest.  It is from a blog called Lauren's Latest.  Tonight is the first time I every used my dough hook on my stand mixer.  It was easy, and worked very well.   Here is Lauren's recipe.


Fail-Proof Pizza Dough and Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks 

Basic Pizza Dough
yield: 2-12 inch pizzas, approximately 1 lb. of dough
Ingredients:
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 tablespoon honey {or sugar}
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 cups bread flour

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, preferably that of a stand mixer, stir yeast and honey into warm water. Sit for 5-10 minutes or until bubbles form and mixture starts to foam. Pour in salt, oil and half the flour and mix.

Once that flour is incorporated, start adding flour in bit by bit until you get the pizza dough to the consistency you want: slightly tacky, but when you touch it it doesn’t stick to your hands.

Turn the mixer on high to knead for 6 minutes. Make sure to let it go the whole 6 minutes.

The dough should be smooth and easy to work with. And the bowl should be clean!

Lightly grease the bowl and the dough so it doesn’t dry out, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise 1-2 hours.



I baked it at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.

Go to her blog to see the step by step tutorial and her recipe for Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks.  You'll find it at:  Lauren's Latest


This is absolutely the best pizza I ever made!  I used some of my homemade pasta sauce, sweet Italian sausage, pepperoni, and a mixture of Italian cheeses.  Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment