Friday, October 8, 2010

Photo #281: Halloween Lights



Today was a really crazy end to a very crazy week. Now that my school district is requiring six week assessments in both reading and math, we are doing lots and lots of testing. Next week is parent/teacher conferences, so I'm also preparing for that. To encourage and reinforce positive behavior, we held a movie night for all students who had no detentions or buddy rooms notes during the 6 week period. Turns out that was most of the school. So several teachers, including me, remained at school until 5:00, with the more than 300 kids who stayed to watch "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" The kids had a lot of fun, and we'll do it all again six weeks from now. Afterwards, I met a friend for dinner.

Since I didn't get home until almost 8:30, I needed to come up with a photo for today. Decorating homes for Halloween seems to be a growing trend. This house is located just 3 blocks from my home. I'm lucky to get my lights up at Christmas time, but these people must really get into Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment